Focus on Flowers

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hi there! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! Today I am thrilled to be the guest designer at the City Crafter Challenge Blog (CCCB)! This week's challenge is "Focus on Flowers" and we were given the following photo for inspiration.

I took my inspiration from the white flowers with yellow centers but instead of having white flowers I chose to stamp them in shades of yellow leaving the centers white. For the background I used a chevron cling stamp with the same darker shade of yellow. After I stamped it, I cut it down to the size I wanted, arranged my die cuts the way I wanted them, and then adhered everything down. The flower blooms are popped up on foam tape to add some interest and dimension. 

My Supplies: 
Stamps: PTI Brushed Blooms, PTI Tag-its #3, MFT BG Fine Chevron Background
Dies: PTI Brushed Blooms, PTI Keep It Simple Frames, MFT Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Frames
Ink: PTI True Black, PTI Lemon Tart, PTI Harvest Gold, PTI Spring Moss, PTI Ripe Avocado
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White 

Thank you so much for coming by today! I hope you enjoyed my card!




17 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Jenelle ... I love the soft lemon/yellow colours ... Thanks so much for Guesting with us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so beautiful!!! love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take on our challenge at CCCB! So good to have you as our guest :) Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous take on our challenge at CCCB! So good to have you as our guest :) Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card with lovely flower and frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous card. I love how you framed that fower. Stunning for sure. I am so happy that you are with us as a GD at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your guest designer spot! Your card is beautiful in the yellows, greens, and white! Gorgeous flowers and wonderful chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Jenelle! Congratulations on your guest designer spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those blooms. Great card. Thanks for being our guest this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this sunny yellow card. Beautifully stamped background and flowers. The frame tucked in behind the blooms is a nice touch. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenelle your card is beautiful! I love the soft yellow flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenelle--I saw your card on the City Crafter's Challenge Blog and had to come over here to pay a visit and comment. Your card's subtle colors are lovely. I like how you layered the elements together, too. Your background story about how you started crafting is such a heart-warming one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card..I love the frame tilted, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely and so impeccably executed, Jenelle! I love an all-purpose card with elements like this that can be used for several different events that might arise. Thank you for this beautiful inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very beautiful! I love the soft colours and layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate them :)

 
site design by designer blogs